Percy Manning's manuscript collection and archive came to the University of Oxford in 1917. The archaeological papers were deposited in the Ashmolean Museum and other papers in the Bodleian Library.
The archaeological papers consist of a collection of nearly 1500 items which Manning had compiled since 1896 for an archaeological survey of Oxfordshire. The survey was published posthumously in 1921 following completion and editing by E.T. Leeds.